View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:01 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I think him resigning is more likely than impeachment. Will he do it within the year? I doubt it. I think the only way he would resign is if his base starts to turn on him. I can think of a few things that could cause that.

1. One or more of the investigations turn up a smoking gun that makes Trump look very bad. These special investigations have a way of taking on a life of their own. Let's not forget, Ken Starr was put in charge of investigating the Whitewater deal with the Clintons and it ended with them investigating Bill covering up his affair with Monica. If there ends up being something really damning out there, the base could desert Trump.

2. The midterm elections go badly for the Republicans. It will be very hard for the Democrats to win back the Senate in 2018, but the House may be in play. If they take back the House or get lucky and get the Senate or get very lucky and get both back, I could see Trump getting so frustrated with them shutting him down that he resigns.

I don't think he will just resign in disgust. I think he would do it under the guise of "health issues" or something involving family.
1. One or more of the investigations turn up nothing.

2. The mid-terms don't see a Democrat revival.

3. America comes to its senses and starts to vote out the politicians in the pockets of big businessmen.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote