View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 01:53 PM  
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I went from about 27% body fat down to about 11% eating plenty of sweeteners and drinking lots of diet pop every day, it took about 60 days--this with minimal exercise! Want to explain how that was making me fat or diabetic?

I have always known that eating too much of that shit is not good. I know now that it can actually stimulate the pancreas a bit and slow down results, but that doesn't make or keep one obese, it just slows down progress. I still got there in 60 days.. The only difference now is I can get there faster without it. Sugar is poison, a well proven poison. For those of you saying its better remember this conversation when you are asking yourself at 50-60 years old why you have a ring around your stomach, if you even live that long. I assure you it isn't genetics or your metabolism...

sugar=>liver=>increased blood cholesterol=>increased risk for diabetes/atherosclerosis=>heart attack and even death.

sweetener=>moderate pancreas stimulation=>minor decrease in insulin sensitivity=>will increase appetite a bit and carbohydrate cravings=>will slow down progress with fat burning slightly. More so if diet is abandoned, obviously.

which sounds worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bns666 View Post
i'd rather use real sugar than artificial sweeteners...

don't exaggerate with sugar, just burn those extra calories with exercise and you'll be fine
exercise will help about 5% tops for most people. Is that your advice for someone who is 450 lbs? you can do your microbe of exercise and in 300 years maybe you'll be fit. That doesn't qualify as a strategy...