View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:50 AM  
Axeman
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseKink View Post
To be honest, because I've never built a long standing affiliate site. I understand how affiliate links work, how you promote, etc. The vast majority of affiliates I deal with on a daily basis are people with [what I feel] are a small or moderate amount of links. For example, Review Sites like Rabbits Reviews, only have a handful of links on their pages for us. Tube affiliates for the most part use URL redirects to promote, or go through their accounts on the tubes and can just change links in a handful of places.

Now, I do realize that Gal's take a lot more work to change and so would long standing Blogs but apparently misjudged the scope of it. This has been a learning experience for me as well, and for Kink, having relied on NATS for 20 year or so and building affiliate tracking software from the ground up.

I am not a career affiliate manager. I'm a marketing manager, I do biz dev and handle partner relations, SEO, and a number of other things. I was given affiliate management here at Kink because our old affiliate manager left and I told them not to hire a new full time one because I saw the repair work that needed to be done with the way Kink is viewed by affiliates.

I passed off the basic affiliate webmaster stuff to Nikki here, she handles the stuff like password resetting, account help, etc. along with her other normal duties not related to affiliates. I handle the larger affiliates and the outward facing part of KinkyDollars which is why in almost every thread or reply I always tell you to e-mail me, cause I'm communicating with you directly and that's important.

Some of this is learning as I go, as you can see, but most important to me is repairing relationships, fixing problems, and hopefully at the end bringing back old affiliates and picking up new ones as we go along. Eventually we'll probably get back a singular full time affiliate manager but for now, you've got me and I'm doing the best I can.

I'll try and get an update later today if I can about the one type of link I mentioned above, but as I said, we're not ending support for anything right now.
A post starting with "to be honest", actually being honest. Very refreshing. You got things going in the right direction there.