View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 03:33 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
Modern cars are designed to fail shit machines that are meant to be driven by people that don't know how to drive.

I'm willing to bet that with my old school luddism that I produce a whole lot less garbage than most of those green tech ecolos.

I actually use shit for fertilizer on my garden and spray my garden with a mixture of garlic juice and baking soda to keep down the bugs like my mother taught me. But I see lots of people using petro-chemicals for fertilizer and pesticides.

Plus my fridge, stove and washing machine are all over 60 years old AND STILL WORKING. But come the 1st July I see lots relatively new appliances in the garbage

Up until 2 years ago my favorite car to drive was a 1970 Mach 1. Because I did a lot of long distance traveling with that machine I'll concede that within city limits is sucked on gas. But on the highways my mileage was comparable to any modern vehicle and on any stretch of road that had a lot of hills it was actually better than most of these modern 4 cylinder plastic cars.

I have an old wet battery from the mid 70s' that still works. (use it for auto shows) Granted I've had to do maintenance on it over the years.

I've also got batteries in my cars that are way older than 10 years and they're still working perfectly.

I blame the fucking consumers.

Despite my old fashioned redneck attitude it might surprise you to know that even on my oldest cars I've taken the time to install catalytics, evaps and exhaust recircs. So my cars are clean but it's a lot of work. It just so happens that happen to like things like nature. We've known how to make gasoline engines clean for a long time.

The fuck I can't

This is where life experience kicks the shit out of "book smarts." If the past was so much "worst" then tell me why the hell everything was so much more damn green when I was a kid than it is today?

I drank from the stream behind my parent's house without a worry but even with all this "Green Technology" most people today would be scared to even wet their hands in it.

Even the food tasted better! When I was young my beef never came from a cow that lived knee deep in its own shit, injected with antibiotics and might have come from China. My garlic was never loaded on a giant cargo ship and transported 10,000 kms and my fruit often grew by the side of the road. Plus my water didn't need to be "bottled"

My parents like most people had only 1 car and it could seat 6 adults. When my mom wanted to go grocery shopping my dad took her and they loaded up the car with enough food for a month and it was a hell of a lot of food. Quite often even my mother's friends would come along too. But otherwise if you didn't have to go some place important the car sat in the driveway and we walked or took our bikes for everything else.

Compared to today I see perfectly healthy young men jump into their car just so they can drive 2 blocks to the corner store. Plus every member of their household has their own car and come monday morning all of them drive alone to work.

All of these problems with the environment are created not by my generation because we had no fear of doing some actual physical labor. These problems were created by the weak lazy wussies of this generation that needs an app to call a taxi. Plus heaven forbid come dinner time they do something more than rip open a plastic bag of food so they can stuff their faces. (We were a lot more physically fit and skinnier too and we didn't need a gym membership)

Plus this generation produces so much fucking garbage that it's beyond pathetic. All this Green Technology bullshit is just a bunch of people trying to figure out how they can continue to produce and consume and be lazy assholes not only at the current levels but even greater ones.

It's called rust https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust
It's your selfish piece of shit generation that brought things to where they are today.

The generation before you cared, they sacrificed, they accepted responsibility. Your generation is selfish, don't give a shit, don't vote, and bitch and moan like a bunch of bitches.

You said in another thread that you don't vote. Now you're an old man close to death and you bitch about the world you created, waxing poetic about the world the generation before you created. You don't vote to change anything, and you're gonna croak leaving you're shit for everyone else to clean up. Good riddance
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote