View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
I love the Tesla.

But I'd say that the very thing that makes it so fast is also the thing that takes away from the driver experience.

With electric motors there is no need for a transmission. The power goes straight to the wheels so you have full torque at any speed.

Super fast!
And like I said, I love the Tesla. Drove one at the end of last year (never got to drive the original little roadsters they made).

I would own a Tesla in a heartbeat and probably will in the near future.

But having said that...I don't think an electric car can ever give a real "car guy" the excitement and feel of a car that a stick shift sports car does.

Having to use the clutch and shifting...along with the rumble of the exhaust is just one of the funnest components of driving a sports car.

Now automatic transmission cars VS Tesla? I'll take the Tesla every day of the week.

Right now my garage is a steroided Jeep Wrangler and a new Mustang I just bought (5.0 V8 engine and 6 speed manual transmission).

But I would LOVE to add a Tesla into that mix. I'd probably drive the Tesla every day. And then if I were going out to dinner in the evening it would be the Mustang with the top down.

I definitely am NOT anti-electric car at all.