View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopa Phil View Post
Not true at all...you have these things called enthusiasts and we dont care if its slower...as long as it has a combustion engine we will buy it.
Of course! Some people, like my brother, LOVE combustion engines. The sound, the smell, the rumble, etc. It's totally cool to be enthusiastic about this.

I on the other hand am enthusiastic about EV's. I see the problems with combustion engines (low efficiency, too much energy lost to heat, too heavy and too many moving parts, etc) vs electric. I think EV's are high tech, and I love all things high tech.

Quote:
No enthusiast is going to be all for their new electric sports car that you cant mod.
Who says you can't mod an electric car?

Quote:
I cant even begin to imagine "tuning" an electric car...
Of course you can tune them. Geeze.

Quote:
you would over lower both the the battery and motor expectancy significantly.
Of course, but the same thing happens when you tune a combustion engine car too. If the manufacturing spec says you get 100% off the lot, then you tune the car to increase compression, your motor runs harder, and gets hotter.

Then you need to add an oil cooler and maybe swap the thermostat. Then you change the transmission because the increased tourque is causing it to wear out faster. Next your tires can't stick to the road thanks to the increased speed so you swap them for stickier tires which of course get used up faster too. Etc etc etc.

It's simple physics: More energy - less time (more speed) = more heat = faster wear and tear, regardless of the power source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
You know me so well; you are as delusional as Bladeliar.
So is Crocket wrong about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acepimp View Post
This is correct. Not only are the electric vehicles worse for the environment when you factor in mining for the batteries, they are a taxpayer ripoff.
Not true. The environmental costs are recovered quickly. On average, a mid-size electric car will break even on carbon production from manufacturing after 8,000 kilometres of driving. A full-size electric will cross that threshold at 32,000 kilometres. After that, it?s almost all zero-emissions gravy depending on the electricity source.

Quote:
Tesla exists only because they got 5 billion taxpayer dollars.
Not true. Tesla Motors was incorporated in July, 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, who financed the company until the Series A round of funding. Elon Musk led the Series A round of investment in February, 2004, joining Tesla's Board of Directors as its Chairman. Musk did not build Tesla from the ground up. He was a significant investor to the company a short while after creation. He used his money from the sale of PayPal.

Quote:
Once again Crockett science = epic fail.

With all due respect, you're the one who seems to be getting their facts wrong...

Quote:
Paul, the solution is very simple:

Lift the federal ban on industrial hemp farming. Encourage farmers to grow it. Use it for fuel, food, and thousands of green products.
But why? Hemp (and other biofuels) still adds CO2 to the atmosphere, are still very expensive, requires complex engines with lots of moving parts like gasoline engines do now, requires refinement (more co2), delivery to gas stations (more co2), and contains less energy so performance suffers. EV's have none of these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua G View Post
Leave it to the dumb libs to ignore facts.

In reality, they should be called coal powered cars, since 2/3 of the power grid is fossil fuel.
Not everywhere. Here in Canada only about 12% of electricity comes from coal, and in case you haven't been paying attention, coal is dying fast in the US, and yes even in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
something people are not talking about. do these cars cause any danger to living things? i don't know if any of you remember when transformers gave off electrical currents. we will have a hybrid cancer in 20 years it will probably kill you in a few days.
I think you are talking about electromagnetic non-ionizing radiation.

Mean magnetic fields ranged from nominally 0.6 to 3.5 µT, compared with nominally 0.4 to 0.6 µT for gasoline vehicles, well within published exposure limits for the general population. (Gasoline cars spew electromagnetic radiation from the spark plugs and generator).

The bigger risk to people is of course the pollution they send out the exhaust, but also from the toxic chemicals that are used to make the dashboard and other interior parts of your car. (Always open the windows when you get in your car for a few minutes as sunlight might cause fumes from those chemicals to be released).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
iperhaps in my kids but what are they going to do with all the gas powered cars? ban classic cars? trash them? sounds like that would create a lot of waste and landfills.
True, but I think some older gasoline cars, especially classic cars, will go way up in value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
Oh you did NOT just type that shit!!!!

You don't even like cars
When did I ever say that I don't like cars? I love cars, good buddy!

Quote:
Oh you did NOT just type that shit!!!!
so where do you get off lecturing about how a Ferrari would handle better if it was electric.
That is not at all what I said. Need a nap?

Quote:
I bet you haven't even sat in a Ferrari
You win! I never have.

Quote:
whereas I've been blown on several occasions while driving a 365 GTC/4.
I hope you tipped him well!

Quote:
Mark you're a tall goon
Hey man fuck you I am not a "goon" - I am a "DORK!" Get it right for fucksakes!

Quote:
at the very least get yourself an SUV even if it's just a "Hyundai."
I would love the Tesla Model X SUV. Would you buy one for me mr Ferrariman?

Quote:
Do you even own a car?
I do! Why are you avoiding me?

Quote:
Have you ever driven or ridden in a muscle car?
I have!

Quote:
Have you ever driven or ridden in an electric car?
I have! Have you?

Quote:
Definitely won't happen in my lifetime.
Sadly, I am 100% sure you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
ferrari 365 GTC/4 0 - 100 kmph = 6,7 seconds

tesla S - 0 - 100 kmph = 2,7 seconds

come to germany with your ferrari i show you my backlights.

Quote:
Tesla may be faster; Ferrari would definitely be more fun.
Yep! Losing a race sounds like more fun. You kinda sound like a jock that's is all muscle and know brains, losing a race to someone who is much smarter than you, but not understanding why. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
So you had to spend all that money & add slicks to match a stock electric Tesla.. Just imagine if they put slicks on the Tesla

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote