View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJeff View Post
If electric cars are to combat climate change can someone explain why my mini van will have a smaller carbon footprint after I drive it 100,000 miles than a brand new Prius rolling off the assembly line ? I am only talking about what was required to make the battery
the reason for that is that this stats are based on the fact that the energy "filled up" is again produced from oil and coal.

but if you look into countries where this energy is already replaced on a much higher level with green energy the numbers look completely different.

we are far away from perfect but things are going better and better as long we think on the whole energy chain and replace it step by step.

that the future is on green energy is already proven with the fact that the oil nations are trying to buy every company what is involved in it. the oil states already know what will happen - only some "yesterday men" will wake up when the train has left the station.