View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 PM  
MrMaxwell
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I read an article this morning about how the retail industry is shrinking, and it was rather interesting. It talked about how e-commerce is taking over the retail industry, local retail jobs are disappearing, and e-commerce jobs are less and tend to be in larger cities. I understand this, but there are jobs now that are purely on line. I have a dozen local friends who all work from home working for companies out of state.

I have two friends who are both self taught graphic designers, self taught, and work remotely. Both of them do not have a full time residence, and instead just travel the world - working when they can and playing tourist when they have down time. One of them does this with their spouse and child.

I remember when I was younger they told us the average office worker would be replaced with computers. This has happened somewhat, but now the average office has it's own IT department. Jobs just moved.

My sister works online... but it's not one of the good ones. She works for some horrible ass school book selling company with archaic outdated garbage... she told me that she has to manually compile some whatever it is every day and it takes forever, for quotes she has to send to have them manually made and it takes two days, etc

Do you know how I could get her an online job which does not suck? Her IQ is extremely high and I don't like her working while she is in school. It really pisses me off and she is working for trash money - like $11 an hour or some waste number
MrMaxwell is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote