View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 08:48 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Well, one way they could keep cost down is by setting a ceiling of what they are willing to pay for services/medication.
That's an excellent idea.
And here in the real world it would work.

But in Washington D.C.???
Think about it.

For instance...talking about "ceilings" being set...Congress expressly passed a law creating a DEBT CEILING for the U.S. debt.
That law was designed to keep the govt. from going too far into debt. And it was a great law. Contractors with the U.S. Govt. would have had to negotiate pricing within the confines of the "ceiling".

But of course...the corrupt politicians NEXT move was to amend the debt ceiling law to allow them to RAISE the damn thing.

So now, every year...it is historically routine to raise the debt ceiling.
And if anybody DARES to argue against it??? They are condemned by the media as wanting to "shut down the govt." (which we all know doesn't really happen...it's just more "washington-speak")

My thinking is...that the lobbyists would very quickly make sure that there was a mechanism for Congress to raise the "ceiling" on healthcare spending.

And the big medical corporations would make damn sure to keep raising prices so that ceiling would continue to be raised every year and become just like the debt ceiling.

And then a couple of years later...if any politician dares to say "enough"???
Well then you'll have the usual suspects in the media and right here on GFY denouncing them and crying over all the people who will lose "their" healthcare (even though they didn't pay for it in the first place).

I agree with your thinking. But I don't believe for one second that the Federal Govt. corrupt politicians and bureaucrats are going to allow any opportunity to milk more money get past them.

Think about that for a second.