View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 06:45 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
How do you figure the "cost would be less"?

I don't think you are being logical about that.
We were told by Pres. Obama in the 2008 campaign that healthcare costs THEN were too high and were bankrupting people.
I'd LOVE to have those 2008 prices back again.
ObamaCare was sold on that same bullshit story that once govt. got involved the prices would go down. And we can all see how that worked out.

Prices aren't going to go down unless you give the people price gouging you a REASON to bring them down.
It's called the market.
It works.
Prices didn't start flying up on going to the doctor or the hospital until after the govt. got involved in the 1980's and started HMO's.

At that point you didn't NEED insurance. You just went to the doctor. Prices were reasonable.

Now? Nobody can afford to pay out of their pocket to have any minor surgery at all. An appendix being taken out can cost $20,000. It's fucking ridiculous.

No, I disagree with you 100%.
Single pay by a bankrupt govt. that will just continue printing money and make it more worthless?
That's a recipe for Big Corporations owning hospitals and Big Pharma to continue raising prices.
They will have ZERO incentive not to do so.

They will own the Congress and Senate with their lobbyists and the Federal Govt. will pay even MORE for procedures and prescriptions than we do now.

There's no incentive for health care to go down in that scenario. Just an unlimited supply of "free" money coming in from the Feds.
Except you keep skipping over the FACT that we have a 20 TRILLION dollar debt and an unfunded liability of a couple of hundred TRILLION.

Dude...we need to STOP spending money. Not sit around and figure out more ways for me to pay for your healthcare.
The price gouging has got to stop and then you can pay your own damn way and stay out of other people's pockets. ("you" is being used in general...I don't mean YOU personally.)
You're not very smart, no offense.

You need to live outside the U.S. to know what's possible and how easily it's accomplished in EVERY other Western nation except for America. Think about that.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote