View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 04:09 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Excellent point. The only thing govt. needs to do is stop the price-gouging so the people in the U.S. don't pay 10 times the cost for the same exact prescription medications or hospital stays, etc.

Hospitals billing people $50 for a single paper dixie cup to take a single $10 tylenol is a total ripoff.

And surgical procedures??? Holy fuck.

There is a huge "medical tourism" industry so that people can fly first class to other countries, stay at a 5 star hotel, and have surgery done. And with all of that it's still a total cost that is about 1/4th of what you pay in the U.S.

I'm not saying to go to another country for an emergency heart transplant. lol

I'm talking about non-emergency surgery's. You can google up medical tourism and you'll start finding agency's that book it. And the pricing is incredible when you compare it to U.S. price-gouging.

I saw a story not too long ago comparing prices of surgical procedures between different countries. A person could fly to Spain, live there for six months to learn the language, get a hip replacement surgery, live there during the recovery, come home, blow out the other hip, fly back and get a second hip surgery and still spend less than the cost of a single hip replacement in the US. The amount we are price gouged is insane.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote