View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 06:54 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I fully believe this. I have one black friend; He is the godfather of my only child. He tells me the same thing - when he grew up in Compton as a kid they were more or less taught to not trust the police. There was also a huge amount of peer pressure to commit crimes - everyone was dealing in drugs. He managed to stay away from the crime and out of trouble, and got a scholarship to a great school (Notre Dame I believe). When he graduated he knew he couldn't return home. Instead he moved to a place where he is the only black guy in town. The police there surely don't fear blacks so he never lives in fear of the police.
I had a black neighbor here for about a year. He was a great guy, he cut hair and has a white wife and two black kids. I didn't think he'd make it here in South O.C., it's unforgiving here. My concerns were cemented when his kid knocked on my door and was practicing a sales pitch for a door to door candybar charity thing. He was good but I knew most people here won't open the door for him and likely would be mean or call the cops. A couple months later they moved out. I was gonna offer my son to be his ghost knocking on doors but it wouldn't make much difference here. The only black guy out here is a huge personal trainer that runs down the bike paths with his wealthy female clients.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote