View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 03:31 PM  
Relentless
www.EngineFood.com

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Btw... selling a writing service is great. People are busy. There's a demand. Particularly for companies running programs and sites. Selling TEXT for "seo" as THE primary factor or even a major factor in ranking pages in Google for anything remotely close to being competitive however, is an outright scam... and has never once been true, ever. All you need to do is perform a few simple searches to understand that is an incontrovertible fact. Of course you need keywords etc... and that doesn't and never has required a 3rd party to figure out.
Text is not "THE primary factor" because there is no "primary factor." SEO is a sliding scale graded by an algorithm that dynamically includes many elements and changes their weight on a regular basis. If you think properly written original text in significant quantity is not "A factor"... you are wrong. It's that simple.

A site can rank with zero backlinks. A site can rank with zero text. A site can rank with a terrible bounce rate. A site can rank with low time on site and low average page views. A site can rank without any page titles in the meta. A site can rank without image tags. That isn't what any SEO strategy is based on.

What do you base an SEO strategy on? Could the site rank for more terms with a few changes? Does it rank as highly as it could? Are there ways that the organic traffic can be improved? Can it rank better against its competitors? SEO is about making improvements across a variety of factors in a cost effective way that produces a positive ROI. Anyone who focuses on only one factor, or ignores a factor or says "The New York Times doesn't rank #1 for news even though it has a lot of text" is missing the point. Would a site with no backlinks rank better with strong backlinks? Would a site with a few hundred words of lorem ipsum rank better with a significant amount of high quality keyword rich text? Can you target certain keywords effectively with one change or another in a way that turns a profit?

At the end of the day good SEO increases your traffic and revenue. Can you increase your traffic and convert it better by utilizing text in ways that most sites do not... absolutely yes as a proven fact. Do I do that for many clients on a daily basis... yes I do, over and over and over again. That's why I have a healthy list of long term clients and references from known people in the industry with strong brands.

Again I'm unclear what your problem is exactly. It seems you are someone who likes to poke at known brands because you have no brand to defend. Many of the other people on GFY do the same thing these days... which gets back to the original point of this thread. GFY has died because the board is now a community of people who like to attack each other. People always attacked each other here, but that wasn't the ONLY thing the board was about. Now it happens daily, to the point where useful people who have built brands or excelled in any area of this business are far less willing to post at all. Your contribution to that problem in this thread and simultaneous disagreement that the problem exists is ironic.

I'll keep making a good living building my own sites and enhancing the sites of my clients. You keep posting baseless attacks against people on GFY. That way we both get what we want out of life.

Website Secure | Engine Food
ICQ# 266-942-896
Relentless is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote