View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 01:49 AM  
CarlosTheGaucho
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
I think this forum was always little more than a distraction for most people who visited it over the years. It was at its peak the largest forum online for a minute. Now, with fewer and fewer affiliates, you have fewer affiliate reps, fewer programs, fewer service providers etc and the troll to business ratio has skewed considerably. but it has nothing to do with who posts here... it has to do with the fact that the business is nothing at all like it was even 5 years ago and the only people left standing are just here to kill time and conduct their business off the boards.

I agree though that the political crap has gone way too far. The same small group of crazies began before Trump and went into overdrive after Trump.
The crazies have always been an essential part of GFY, however, I would call the past version a rather more pleasant distraction. There was a regular train wreck on parade and piss and that was fine and often very amusing.

However, if the same deranged lunacy repeats over and over and over and over and over in about 30 - 50 pct. of the threads online, by the usual suspects, and with a very predictable outcome - it becomes incredibly annoying.
CarlosTheGaucho is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote