View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 08:15 AM  
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinNothin View Post
Avoid Thailand.

Just spent 10 days there end of last year.

HORRIBLE.

Every single place we went was FULL of tourists. It is nothing like the photos you see online or in travel sites.

All the small islands and most spots are all full of tourists. Tons of Russians and Muslims (no offense) but somebody in the middle east has declared Thailand a vacation haven for Muslims.

Sure, the strip clubs are fun. But that's it. Otherwise it's Disneyland traffic and insane crowds.

Seriously, worst trip ever.

You are much better off going to Bali or Singapore or Philippines.

Thailand has been blown apart by so much tourism I just wanted to puke. Those quiet stunning beaches you see online... picture them with about 10,000 tourists walking on them. I'm not kidding. 10,000.

The taxis and the 'tuk tuks' are a fucking rip off. Years ago the cabs were cheap, but now, they are mob owned and are the most expensive cabs in the entire planet. (not making that up, google it.) The prices are same if not higher than the States.

The food in the small outside vendors is priced cheap, but most restaurants are priced sky high same as USA. Gone are the days of the $10 lobster. A lobster meal will cost you about $ 70 to $90 for a big one. There are many places to eat that are affordable and the food is very good. But that's it.

OH, and I forgot. 1 person dies every 6 hours in Thailand because of motorcycle deaths. It's a fucking madhouse. The traffic is insane and out of control. So easy to get hurt or killed by the traffic. 1000 times worse than any city traffic you will ever experience. Google that one too... worst traffic in the world. Bangkok traffic death capital of the planet.

The country is one big wallet fuck. Scams around every corner from over priced rooms to over priced food and cabs.

Pattaya disgusting, dirty, filthy, only cold beer, hookers, some tiny crowded beaches.

Bangkok, filthy beyond belief. Bad air, crowded, ugly, insane traffic.

Phuket, over crowded, full of poverty and tourists. Same shops and stores on every block for miles.
Islands, all over crowded, from the smelly old boats packed with tourists, to the over crowded islands, all selling shit food and post cards.

Rent a motorcycle and risk your life. No joke. And I'm an seasoned city motorcycle rider w/25 years experience and I've never seen anything like what I saw in the streets of Thailand.

Bali was Heaven compared to Thailand.

I highly regretted the trip and will never go back.

I needed a vacation when I left Thailand.

Just writing all of us this gave me horrible memory flashbacks. I need a drink.
That's a good report! Jeez, fuck that shithole!