View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 07:50 AM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Fox news is utterly ridiculous.

Yesterday I watched the former CIA director say there was "specific, concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion". This morning Fox news was on my feed saying the direct opposite: Does it matter? No evidence of Trump 'collusion' with Russia as media shift focus | Fox News

It's pure bullshit at this point - they are spinning the news. The aren't Alex Jones or Breitbart, but they aren't much better either. Right now on the front page - Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos - they are spinning Trump's budget as "right on target". All of the other news outlets are blasting the budget.
I goto FoxNews online every morning, my first stop, then drudge, cnn, politico.

Foxnews is the worst in their lag time reporting negative Trump news which is a HUGE disservice to their readers. It takes them 1-2 days, sometimes 3 days to post the truth about a negative Trump story. I think they do it to give him leeway to turn the story around. I don't watch FoxNews on cable but if they're anything like fox online then no wonder their ratings are tanking.

Trump has FoxNews by the balls and it's probably the reason why they're so in the tank, more than usual.

The U.S. Justice Department's investigation of Fox News has widened to include a second law enforcement agency.

Financial crimes experts from the United States Postal Inspection Service are now involved, according to four sources connected to the investigation.

Mail fraud and wire fraud cases are part of the USPIS purview.

Investigators from both the USPIS and the Justice Department have been conducting interviews in recent weeks -- including with some former Fox staffers -- to obtain more information about the network's managers and business practices, the sources said.
The existence of the federal investigation was revealed in February. At the time Fox News and its parent company 21st Century Fox said they had not been subpoenaed, but a spokeswoman said, "we have been in communication with the U.S. Attorney's office for months — we have and will continue to cooperate on all inquiries with any interested authorities."

Contacted about this story, the Justice Department and the USPIS had no comment. 21st Century Fox also declined to comment.

In February the investigation was reported to be focusing on settlements made with women who alleged sexual harassment by former Fox News boss Roger Ailes, and questions about whether Fox had a duty to inform shareholders about the settlement payments.

The investigators have been asking "how the shareholder money was spent; who knew; and who should have known," one of the sources said.

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote