View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 12:22 PM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
The first real sales job I had was selling a food and freezer deal when I was 19.

We sold the commercial bags of frozen vegetables and a side of beef near cost and the fucking freezer we paid wholesale $268 for cost $1,600 + financing at term loan rates. But over the year to eat all that food for a family of 4 -- we did some penciling -- and -- hocus pocus we proved it was actually less expensive -- hey you get the freezer free that's a $559 value -- do we have a deal?

I made $175 a deal -- that was 1974 -- today adjusted for inflation =$853.30
We did 1 to 3 deals a week that the credit was accepted on.

Sell the sizzle not the steak LITERALLY.

In Cali or Nevada you do have the bright sunshine.
How do the solar panels affect your roof's longevity?
Do they shade the roof from the sun or add heat during the day? This affects asphalt shingles -- tile roofs or metal roofs would just heat up making the house harder to air condition in warmer climates. This might add heat during cold weather mostly beneficial.
How do you re-roof with solar panels installed?

I like the land based idea better -- the difference is just the expense of burying 2 cables -- the land area loss is incidental to me; 1 from the panels to the barn for the battery storage then 1 from the barn to the house electric service entrance. Small advantage I can free up the 30 Amps of 220V from the house to the barn.

You cannot borrow like a car because the installation becomes real property when it is attached to land or a house -- default requires real foreclosure not simple repossession like a car or refrigerator.

A home equity loan, mortgage refinance, or personal loan (not likely) will be the only financing available -- the contractor will want to cash out on that job.

Right now, home loans are at historical low interest rates for 1st mortgages ...
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote