View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:58 AM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
Robbie just don't pay your power bill uvtill the power company takes you off the grid -- problem solved (the hard way). They will cut your leads on the line to the house. If you want to be extremist about it.

I get my electric and natural gas from the same utility company -- that is not an option here.

I have the power bill sitting here to be paid -- $37.47 of it is all the state allowed charges for being on the electric grid. If you are an 'official poor person' you get a $12 credit. My customer charge for gas supply is $11.75. So $49.22 a month to be connected to gas and electric. My shit is worth 4 times the value of my neighbor's house the have 4 more people shitting and we pay the same sewage bill --NOT FAIR!! Should I forgo the tap fee for sewerage and save $440/year. I don't have a choice now -- I don't have a septic field grandfathered in on this property ... A few of my neighbors do. It's a health and safety code violation to dig a hole and build an outhouse. So I am 'shit out of luck'

Next time a power line goes down I won't have to climb the utility pole or dig up the buried cable. There are certain fixed costs in life you have to pay to live in civilization. Including property taxes, income taxes, sales tax, medical tax (private insurance and government mandated Medicare contributions), and ... If they didn't charge a fuel tax all roads would be toll roads or dirt trails. How the hell would you get to your cabin?

Everyone does not want to live in a Unabomber's Cabin but that is all you get and you have to be a land squatter to live for free.

This is not Walden Pond or some Utopian pipe dream.
You might as well buy yourself a truck and fill the the back with fertilizer and gasoline because you will not be able to survive off the land in your cabin for long -- it's total bullshit.
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote