View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:00 AM  
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Correct. For the next twenty years I will be paying $117. No matter what, this is LESS than my monthly bill. My lowest monthly power bill was $149 while my highest was $451. I will always pay less than the neighbor next to me who doesn't have solar.
you committed to paying $117 x 12 months x 20 years = $28k for it all

and you will generate $300 or so worth of electricity per month? so that means everything will have to work smoothly and without any glitches or problems for 93+ months (almost 8 years) in order for you to come ahead...

which is far from a sure thing, the system could break at any time, and the company could be out of biz or just jerk you around about getting it fixed... plus there are various pitfalls, like inability to sell the house, having to clean the panels regularly, some parts might not be covered under warranty, warranty might only cover parts but not labor to replace it, etc

so likely you will indeed come out ahead with this setup, but it's far from a no brainer that some are making this out to be...
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote