Old 05-07-2017, 08:01 AM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
that is using my pole barn roof where there is no tree shade

https://www.energysage.com/solar/calculator-results/
solar ROI calculator ^^
Also is this really accurate?

I would need a good power pack-inverter installed in the pole barn and a buried cable cable 30 meters to the house's electric service entry.

I have been considering a natural gas fired emergency generator that is maybe $9K installed. This could replace that. The ITC might be worth more on the power pack-inverter installed in the pole barn if it is installed as part of the solar electric system

The other thing is that the break even might be 12 years. Will I want to live here that much longer and will the system be obsolete?

Quote:
Though storage alone doesn’t qualify for the ITC, if installed with solar PV or wind, energy storage systems historically have been able to claim tax credits, as long as they meet certain requirements. As such, the 30 percent tax credit will create a significant opportunity for energy storage suppliers that are active in the U.S. market.
Have to look into this. Buying an ITC has a lot of variables. BTW, the estimated interest over 20 years was $7,000 that is unacceptable as the break even would be too long for my window another 5-6+ years
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote