View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 07:34 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
As far as I know solar energy is not cheaper to produce for power companies. Usually it is more expensive than traditional methods.
Why would that be?

And if so...then solar energy is not a viable alternative.

But I would think that it would be immensely cheaper (at least if each home produced it's own as opposed to a big utility setting up mega panels to then have to transmit across wires to homes in every region).

I said this back in 2008 and 2009.
IF "global warming" is really caused by mankind and it is destroying the Earth (lol)...then WHY doesn't the govt. take action like they do when there is a REAL emergency?
What I mean is: instead of watching hundreds of millions of dollars disappear to companies like Solyndra...why not take all of that money and put solar panels on every home in America?

If "global warming" is real, then you would think that it would require a drastic action like that.
And the technology is already available.
I almost did it with my last house back in 2007 in South Carolina. I was going to have a completely self-powered solar system installed. It was the same one that I saw on a television show that moves the panels with the sun during the day (it would not be on the roof...it sat separately in the yard).
The cost was just too prohibitive to me ($56,000 for the entire set up) and I was planning on moving here to Vegas and did so in 2008.
But that would have made me completely independent of the power company 100% (stored energy for night time use)

And that was 10 years ago. So I know the technology has to be better now.

So why don't we all have independent power supplies on every home? FREE energy from the sun and no "carbon footprint"?

As always...it's all about the money.

The "grid" would become obsolete. Power utility company's and the billions of dollars they make would shrink in size to small company's.

The good ol' Govt. that so many "Green Energy" people worship like God's...are ironically the very people who are passing laws and regulations that make it more and more difficult to go "green" and use solar power for our homes.
It's even ILLEGAL to take your home off the "grid". Unreal.