View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 06:43 PM  
Grapesoda
your favorite band sucks!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I am getting solar power installed. They showed up yesterday to install the panels and I posted it to Facebook, and a number of people in the industry asked me about it on Facebook.

My house is three thousand sq feet and my power bill ranges from $150 to $450 depending on the time of year. The solar panels will cost me $117 a month for twenty years, and that price will never go up. These panels and the system are covered under a full warranty for the twenty years. I'll be saving $2200 a year and my energy costs will never go up. We also sell power back to the power company.

The best part is the referrals. They kick back $500 to me any time I recommend someone to them who signs up for solar. So far I've sent two people over to them and already made $1000.

It took four people most of the day to install the system. It turns out my house was partially set up for solar when it was designed, including conduits built into the house running from both garages to the attic which saved them a lot of time. They did all of the permits for me, the city is coming over Monday to inspect it, and then we switch over to solar. It was a rather painless process.

how many amps are you getting? my place has 400 amps. 4300 sqft with 2+2 guest house, tennis court, pool. the tennis court takes 100amps for the lights. 100amps go to the guest house. the pool runs about $450 a month alone... with the air or heat I'm cracking $1400-$1500 a month.

I was under the impression that solar produced little amperage. certainly not enough to run my place.