View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 07:12 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
He tried to get money for the wall (from Mexico, and then from the Government in their budget), and failed. He tried to defund Planned Parenthood, but failed. He tried to defund the EPA, and failed (fortunately) at that too. He tried to defund PBS and the Arts program, and failed. He tried to force his religious ban and failed. Twice. And of course, he tried to repeal and replace Obamacare, and failed. Twice.

Dem's were too lazy last time. I expect, I hope, every Dem in the US will vote during the mid-terms. One good thing Trump has done is wake people up. I Expect (I hope for) a huge Dem takeover in 2018, and impeachment of your boy a few months after that.
On the budget...what I keep hearing all the analysts (and I admit I have ZERO faith in them...but they are all we have on the news) say is that this first budget is something that is pretty much already in place.
A new President never gets to put his ideas in at this point into the budget.
Having said that...Trump actually DID get some things in it, and also showed that he is willing to compromise with Democrats (as he said he would when he campaigned).
The true test of Trump's "strength" with Congress will be his first real budget that is 100% under his administration. Will he be able to get Republicans on board with him even though he is very liberal compared to Congressional Republicans? Will Democrats stop voting 100% against him even on issues they agree with?
We'll find out in a few months time.
Also...today on the news they are saying that there has been a big breakthrough on "HealthCare", and that they will vote it this week.
In my humble opinion, they should simply make it illegal for hospitals to price gouge us and charge U.S. citizens 10 times what the same procedures cost in other country's (also prescription medication). When you look at you hospital bill in the U.S. and see that ONE Tylenol costs $10...you KNOW you got screwed on the bill.

Dems weren't "lazy" Mark. They voted. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan Democrats voted Trump.
That's why the DNC is trying to block anything and everything that Trump wants. They want those Democrat voters to come back home.
I think they are going about it the WRONG way.
I think that instead of working to obstruct Trump...they should instead be working on becoming the party of the working man again. Do positive things instead of negative ones.
The Dems should get out in front of the Republicans and fight for U.S. jobs alongside of Trump. Make the Republicans look like the ones who aren't wanting to help them.
The Democrat Party has allowed themselves to LOSE the mantle of champion of the working people.
To a blue collar steel worker or a union auto worker...the Dems look like all they care about are gay people, trannys, and illegal immigrants. That is NOT what you want your core voters to see in you.

The Democrats need their voters to vote Democrat once again. And it is possible they would...IF the Dems start doing positive things instead of negative.
Trump is no Republican. And he could care less about the Republican Party. Hell, he burnt that bitch down in the primary.
But Schumer and Pelosi are pushing him into the arms of Conservative Republicans. They need to be pulling him over to their side.
Trump has flat out stated he is NOT conservative and that he is a pragmatist.

If I were in charge of the Democrat Party...we would be siding with Trump and proclaiming that WE are the populist party...not the Republicans.
Trump would eat that shit up and the Democrats would stand a great chance of winning back the Senate and Congress.
It would be a "win/win". Jobs, prosperity, and the Dems back in power.

But of course it won't happen.