View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 10:19 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Stock markets spike on the news of the day. Job creation and economic growth do not and presidents don't impact job numbers in the first couple months of taking office. You're smarter than this.

Obama blamed Bush for the slowest economic recovery in 3/4's of a century for nearly 8 years. I guess it was actually Obamas fault after all?
Once Obama took office and passed his stimulus plan and got his economic plans put into action, he owned the economy. Whether it did good or bad was on him.

The same goes for now. Trump hasn't passed any economic legislation. He has made some threats and some deals and signed a few executive orders, but the things that are happening right now and that have been happening for the last few months have little or nothing to do with him. That didn't stop him from taking credit for it, but as soon as something not-so-great comes along, he blames Obama.

I know every president does it, it just amuses me to see it happen. Just like the Republicans who have been silent about their last 8 years of obstructionism are suddenly very much against it when it is being used against them.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote