View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:27 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
When I was remodeling my bathroom I bought a Jacuzzi brand (Italian corporate ownership ) toilet, manufactured in China (for Jacuzzi (or by Jacuzzi)) and shipped by (unknown ocean freight co nationality) and sold by an American retailer. Good product with profit made globally.

What surprised me was the cost of shipping that toilet, boxed it weighed about 85 lbs (39kg). Bottom line the similar American made product (American Standard) cost 70% more and the only difference was the smooth base design -- better but not price justified by that alone. The Kohler brand equivalent top end (USA made) cost 130% more. The cheap POS toilet cost 80% of the Jacuzzi brand toilet I bought.

Americans spout that same nonsense then shop at Walmart and buy the cheapest usable product.

But when you buy coal it's Made (Mined) in America. Bags of cement are made locally. Electricity is made locally. List goes on but all in situ services are locally furnished but the products consumed in providing those services' origin will vary.

So, according to Paul I should not be looking for ways to use a new mobile broadcast platform to allow developing world models to enter the webcam world and sell lost cost high value shows to my customers in the developed world. The new sourced product also represents a price point that new customers can afford to pay.

According to Paul the world should reduce global trade so overpriced products will have a market again. Lots of US Americans are making good money dealing with today's global market -- I for one am ...

This is why Paul is out of business and parrots the stupidity of losers. You got to roll with the punches in life. Being a line worker making a low value added product is not an occupation for the future in a post industrial economy -- you are going to be a loser.

Moral of the story there is a seat for every ass. People should be able to buy the best value, pay for status brands or buy cheap shit.
true !!!!

and american standard is the biggest and most expensive bullshit in the world - made in thailand btw and except expensive it has nothing.

what i can not understand is, that a person like paul who lived the last years of his business from GLOBAL MARKETS can be so stupid.

i mean letīs say the all US programms fire the asian mediabuyers and webmasters out and just leave the US webmasters to promote them. how fast you think they are bancrupt? 2 years or 1 or less ?

how many jobs are than safed and how many killed?

how can an exportnation think to export to someone who does not have jobs in the country?
where should this money come from?

and last not least it is not a question how much someone makes it is a question of how much he can buy for that money. and this is the main point in all that bullshit.
where is properity if a worker have to work 1 year to buy the produc he is producing when he can buy 10 of this products when they are produced abroad?

it is very human that people only remember the good things of the past but in fact it is not true. who could afford going to holidays every year 60 years ago? who had a car or 2 60 years ago? how many hours people worked 60 years ago? how many times they could afford to go to eat 60 years ago?
and i could could on with this endless list.......

not ONE of those who claim 60 years ago everything would have been better would endure even one day if you put him in a time machine and beam him back there.

nothing was better - exept the air we breathed.