View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 06:15 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Not true at all, you're being lazy and trying to lop me in the "not like me must be far left liberal" box. I've said so many times that iike illegals being given the boot, but when they're children raised most of their life here we need to be more thoughtful.

It's funny you substitute white nationalist with elitist, then mention brown people immigration One thing foreigners don't often realize is a lot of our "illegal immigration" in the states are refugees from Venezuela/South America that Mexico lets through their borders.

Skilled immigration is the best way to go but unskilled labor is needed in America and our H-1B visa program needs to be fixed.
I agree about children who were born in a country and are now old enough to fend for themselves. Those still living with their parents and no legal relatives to live with, should go with their parents.

I don't care about a migrants colour, only their value to their new country.

The very few jobs that require unskilled labour are an area we can deal with. For one like fruit/vegetable picking, these are fast becoming automated. Maybe slaughter houses as well could be another. The rest need to go to Americans, especially black Americans, who don't have jobs at a pay rate that takes them off Government benefits and able to contribute properly.

At the moment wages are being forced down so low that even working people are living in State benefits.

​How low-wage employers cost taxpayers $153B a year - CBS News

60 Million People Depend on the Incomes of Low-Wage Workers in America: Increasing the federal minimum wage would benefit on average more than 135,000 people in each Congressional district | Economic Policy Institute

The taxpayer, you, are subsidising the wealthy, Walmart, to keep their wage bills low and profits high.

In the UK it's even worse. With a lot of working people getting In-Work-Benefits to top up the wages because employers won't pay enough.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote