View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:08 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Thank you. My guy found a plugin that does exactly what I want. I only tested it once but it's great. Later I plan to try it on other sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smut-Talk View Post
I don't get why you need an custom plugin; Try SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam or Fast Secure reCAPTCHA by Mike Challis...
(not affiliated; i just like the guys work, and these secure even more)

To secure your Wp site only a security layer on your login isn't going to do much.
Security plugins like Wordfence, Sucuri and Bulletproof Security could also do the trick.

There is no thing as bot proof; they evolve every day; but these plugins have proven them self over the years.
Most of the time a plugin ads an, to normal visitors non visible, extra box; logic is the bot will put some data in it, a visitor not.
Other ways are checking user agent, browser signature and blacklisting (email/IP addresses etc)

And as long as a plugin is released under the right licence you are allowed to rip it apart/clone it/modify it etc.
As long as you uphold the licence.

ps if more detailed advice is needed feel free to contact me
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote