View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mce View Post
Cops will never be out of a job. People are always needed to make sure the government ensures people's lives are happy. Behind every state program is force or the threat of force. Otherwise, people won't know what's good for them, right?
I'm not saying all cops will be out of a job, but we will see a lot less traffic cops, because cities will no longer be able to cover hiring them in their budgets. If you go to states like FL & Texas for example, both states with out a state income tax, you see an enormous amount of cops.

The reason is they are used as forced taxation by way of citation.. (yea I coined that term (i think) so I'm using it again) When you have that many cops they "find" crimes which in turn raises the crime rate of the areas meaning it's justified to have so many cops. It's a self feeding circle but soon these states like FL & TX won't have the ability to cover these excess cops in their budgets because citation writing will be largely eliminated by self driving cars.
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote