View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
Absolutely and I say that as a Great Grandfather.
Are you sure you understand the question here?

Trump is giving carte-blanche to industries that will pollute, because it will create jobs.

That means that Joe-Blow somewhere will have a job, that adds poison to the air and water.

And that means that you are just fine breathing-in that poising, and drinking that poison.

And since you are a Grandfather (Congrats!), you are totally ok with your grandkids breathing and drinking poison too. Just because Joe-Blow won't find himself a better job.

Really? Really?

Please tell me why its better this way.

Quote:
Also if anyone spends 20 minutes of research they'll discover that all our problems come from the crap built by the "innovators."
You mean like the computer you are using now? The Internet you are communicating with?

Quote:
They invented the plastic that's killing our oceans..
Plastic has all kinds of uses. It's lightweight and used absolutely everywhere. The inventors of plastic are not killing our oceans. It's the people who throw plastic away without care.

Quote:
They invented nuclear power with its billion year waste products...
Nuclear power provides electricity to millions of homes. It heats homes in winter and cools them in summer. Coal kills 10,000 people per year in the US, and 170,000 in China. The global average for death by nuclear, including Fukushima, is only 90. In the US, death by Nuclear is 0.1 per year. (All of the above is deaths per Trillion Watts/Hr. Source.)

Quote:
they invented the pesticides and genetically modified food.
Both of which stop food from being lost or destroyed by pests. Yes I know Pesticides are terrible and I wish they didn't have to exist, and I sure hope I never get a iouthfull of the stuff.

One good way to avoid pesticides and GMO is to buy locally. Your grocery store may import alot of its food from far-away places. Don't buy it. Buying local makes a difference.

Quote:
Sooner or later this "sustainable" technology is going to prove to be pretty damn unsustainable and society will collapse. That's when everyone will be back to living on dirt farms trying to scratch out an existence. And at the very least everyone in my family, including myself, know how to ride and care for a horse.
So then your answer to this discussion is to just give-up? Throw in the towel and die? Are you sure you're not dead already?

Sorry man, not me. The world is a fucking beautiful place. We have green trees and blue skies and hot girls and cute animals and flowers and music and science and technology and innovation and NASA and robots on Mars and Whales. If you don't love this planet anymore, maybe your grandkids do. If you don't want it, your grandkids surely do. Why let Trump take this away from them? Fight for fuck sakes.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote