View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
I'm for smart deregulation and cutting red tape. In California we have some stupid environmental laws that were created by people on a climate crusade who seemingly wanted to get brownie points and be part of the "I'm saving the planet" gang.

Real stupid shit like this: I found an injured hummingbird last year, took it home and was nursing it back to health. I called a local bird sanctuary for advice. The guy was really cool and said he could give me advice in person and to bring the bird, I thought that was weird but whatever. So I drive out there and we start talking and he's like "legally I have to take this bird from you because it's illegal for you to have it in your possession due to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act" I was like cool! Because it was time consuming feeding it every 20 mins.

Then he said that they were short staffed and it would likely die because they are high maintenance. Then he said I was cool and to please not tell anyone, then examined the bird and gave me awesome advice and handling tutorial for about an hour. We broke the law. Stupid!

This executive order from Trump is equally as stupid because it states the premise of the executive order is to "start a new era of production and job creation."

For those who don't know, the EPA Was created "...for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress"

Trump is using the "jobs" buzzword for dumb dumbs, what he's really doing is axing most of the EPA to start a new era of industrialisation with little regulation. This won't impact California but I feel REAL bad for people in redhats states where the state doesn't give two fucks about water/air quality, the EPA stopped a lot of bad characters from setting up shop.

Trump is bypassing congress with this EA because in 1990 they passed the The Pollution Prevention Act so it will be interesting to see what happens. https://www.epa.gov/p2/pollution-pre...w-and-policies
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote