View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:53 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rupe View Post
In fairness, Flynn we now know, was on the Russian payroll and was on the verge of officially registering as a Foreign Agent. Not exactly an ideal candidate for being the head of the NSA, in my opinion.
Yep, and he was never a good "team player". That's why Obama fired him as well.

Anytime you are lobbying for a foreign country, you shouldn't be allowed to be in our govt.
Total conflict of interest.

But I wasn't really arguing in favor of him being part of Trump's cabinet. He appeared to be a good man for the job at first...but with foreign lobbying interests AND his proclivity to not play well with others...he was not.

What I was saying was...it's a HUGE "no-no" to spy on a U.S. citizen without a warrant from a FISA court.
We know that they do it all the time anyway...but to be able to actually use it in a court of law isn't allowed (not that Flynn did anything that was criminal...because they know he did not).
That's why even the DNI (Director of National Intelligence who is over all other intelligence agencys) isn't allowed to even SEE the name of the U.S. citizen in the event that a person is "mistakenly" caught on audio or video in the course of our agency's spying on foreign diplomats.

Obviously someone in the chain of command had a personal grudge and agenda. And took it upon themselves to give that transcript to the media containing RAW data that his boss wasn't even allowed to see.

That's gonna be major jail time if/when they find out who did it.

And isn't it odd that our spy's are supposed to tell us what is going on in other country's but can't even figure out who did this from their own offices? lol