View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:34 PM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Even LeaseWeb in the Netherlands forwards DMCA's to their customers and if after 2 notices of no response/non compliance the request is elevated and content taken down. This has been my expreience, it pays to be polite & vigilant. LeaseWeb will also nullroute the IP of the infringing customer, taking them offline, if they are a difficult non compliant customer.

Cloudflare gives you the persons hosting contact info if they don't take down, it's their policy:

"When presented with a valid complaint we can provide who the web hosting provider is for the site in question." This is at the bottom of their DMCA policy page here https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...MCA-complaint-
In terms of hosts, absolutely some respond to tenacity (politeness is always a given)

some companies don't though, no matter how one approaches them, and therein lies my issue with cf

I work with so many women I work with or know from the forum I mod to seek removal of their stolen content, and often cf is the first stop.

After a few emails cf eventuallys give up the host. Needless time and hassle for me and the owner of the pirated content, every single time.

Then if the host isn't dmca-compliant and either blows us off or requests a European court order, we're fucked. dmca'ing google to get the pages out of the serps is all we can do

it's infuriating to me when I receive email after email from different women all seeking content removal from the same handful of piracy sites over and over and over again

Cloudflare continues to work with these sites, even ones where a simple, 2 minute cursory check by an actual human being would reveal a domain filled with nothing but that stolen from others.

and cf washes their hands and continues to partner with thieves. I find that incredibly unethical, particularly given the fact that, as you've demonstrated, a CDN can create their own anti-piracy policy around the technical limitations of the caching system if they so choose

thanks for posting that, I had no idea some CDNs (well, at least one ) actually go out of their way to comply with the dmca.
JesseQuinn is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote