View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:40 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
You miss out on where jobs are heading. They're disappearing and being replaced by automated machines. So wherever the jobs that are left, so many will be gone that unless the companies are based in the West and paying their taxes in the West to support the 10s of millions unemployed. The majority won't be able to afford to buy.
this is a VERY important point you wrote here and it is the paradox in the complete situation. If you think this to an end you come to a situation where one opens a factory and producing stuff and he have to pay that much tax, that people have a chance to buy his stuff.

this is against all rules of economy and money. money is just a medium what makes an exchange of efforts possible. if there is only effort on one site the other does not have anything to exchange.

this is the reason why your idea can not work with capitalism.

Quote:
Ignoring that fact, you are still wrong. It brings jobs back to the West, replacing unemployment handouts with wages. Giving people the power to buy more. More importantly the companies are now based in the West and paying more taxes in the West. Not only workers wages being taxed there are a lot more taxes a company has to pay by being based in the West.
how do you want to replace a 1 dollar an hour job with a 15 dollar an hour job and still sell the product on the same price. are you a magic ?

Quote:
"a few big companies who do not pay tax"

This statement shows how little you know about running a company. Stop swallowing the Communist propoganda. Companies based in the West pay a lot in taxes and contribute even more via wages.
paul - i am running companies since more than 40 years and believe me - i am not unsuccessful.
in my life before the internet i was a consultant for VERY big companies and i stopped working first time with 35 because i was a millionaire because high graduated economists paid me 2000 dollars per hour for my knowledge.

i was referee at marketing universities and managerial courses - do you REALLY want to compare us 2 ?

so PLEASE do not explain me anything about economy - i have more knowledge about that in my little finger as you have in your whole body.