View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM  
Linkster
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
maybe you are too young to remember tschernobyl - but i lived like 4000 km away when that happend and we could not eat anything from the own garden for around 15 years - and even today you can messure the radioactivity in all what grows in germany, austria, switzerland and all the countries in a radius of 5000 km.

but at least you should have a little clue about fukushima.
the japanese only closed a "small part" with a few thousand square kilometers around the reactor but infact all japan is influenced.
Yes I am old enough to remember - and I also remember a lot of other things you are too young to remember...like three mile island etc...

Chernobyl should have never been built and the people that ran it for the government were idiots - that is not the fault of the plant - it's the fault of the people that ran it and tried to do something that would never be considered appropriate in US plants

Fukushima was another people problem - although caused by natural disaster that was not predicted because the engineers that designed the safety systems didn't take into account what could happen

The plants are still the safest source of cheap electricity in the US

and as far as your maps of "radiation" - this is why I said that education is the key - the amount of radiation that you show in your maps is less than people get in the US every day from sunshine, smoking a cigarette, or flying on a commercial airline...and yes all radiation acts the same on the body whether you get it from the sun or a nuclear power plant...you just haven't been educated
Linkster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote