View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 05:01 PM  

Industry Role:
Here is how to bypass the expired certificate and open statsremote...you need to download the certificate and import it into your java keystore...

download the certificate with openssl

Code:
openssl s_client -connect secure.statsremote.com:443 > certfile.txt
open certfile.txt and only keep the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- to -----END CERTIFICATE----- and save again

now find your java home directory and your cacerts keystore file

Code:
keytool -import -alias statsremote -keystore "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_66\lib\security\cacerts" -file C:\statsremote\certfile.txt

it will ask you for your keystore password

Enter Keystore Password: changeit

Trust this certificate? [no]: yes

Certificate was added to keystore

now you should be able to open statsremote and load your stats.

I'm not sure what happened to statsremote, but after multiple attempts to contact with no luck. I really hope that he is alright, I hope that by writing this...it might help keep this program alive. It really is a great program, well worth the money i've spent on it over the years.

I first tried to import the certificate into my java settings gui, and add secure.statremote.com to the exempt sites list. Then i tried setting my clock back, and i was able to open the program but it thought it was jan 5th or whatever....after i set my clock back i was still getting cert errors.

Anyways I hope this helps people, I really hope that statsremote shows signs of life. It would probably be smart to start moving over to Nifty Stats. I just downloaded it the other day, seems like the obvious replacement. I work mostly in adult, and it seemed like a pretty decent success rate and has some interesting new features. I just started using it, but if you haven't signed up yet
--> niftystats.com/ref.php?cid=Cf21c176b5
;) thanks
100237 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote