View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 12:46 PM  
Linkster
Confirmed User

Robbie - have you ever stopped and offered to help any of the homeless people by giving them work?
I have...and what I found out is that with a few exceptions (and this was Northern Calif)..most of them do the street thing because it pays them better than getting a minimum wage job and they can hustle on the street for more.
There are towns in No. Calif that San Francisco literally pays the homeless to go to, and subsidizes them, and even gives them an extra $50 a week if they have a pet....so naturally most of them have dogs or goats(I'm being serious).
They have no aspiration of getting off the street..they have nice camps set up along rivers.
The few that did want work were not in that class, and I helped them the best I could

I don't expect that the Gov't should be paying for this....as a matter of fact by the time the bureaucracy is done with the money the taxpayers are paying 10 times what they should
Linkster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote