View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Robbie... I can't spend every waking day researching what our government does - or did. When this raid happened I read about it, and I based my judgement on what I read then... which was with few details. In short, I've been the victim of White House spin: They claimed this was a success, only one American killed, three top terrorists killed, dozens of other terrorists killed.

What is more important here is that we just staged a military raid into a military conflict that we weren't involved in before.
In my opinion...we have NO business sending our military into other sovereign nations in the first place.

I can't believe that Bush, Obama, and now Trump have been able to do this.

I know that if another country decided to send a team of special opps military into the United States and kill a bunch of people...it would be considered an act of war.

Having said that...I merely wanted to point out that "no" this isn't about Trump's ego or whatever the original post from TCL Girls is trying to say.

This was a carefully planned military strike against Al Queda.
Yemen has been a hotbed and the Saudi's have been leading a coalition with air strikes there for the last few years (in case you were uninformed of what is going on in Yemen).

Is this the way that the U.S. is going to be forced to fight terrorism? With strikes against terrorist cells in other country's?
That's the way it's been happening under the Obama Admin.

Looks like the Trump Admin is going to continue it.

It's a conundrum.
On one hand we are sending our military into sovereign nations.
Many times without even telling them in advance (because we can't trust that they won't give the info to the terrorist groups).

On the other hand...the "enemy" is not a nation with a real army and leadership. They are scattered groups in country's like Yemen.

I don't have the answers to what is "right" and "wrong" on this.

Horrible that children were killed.
But on the other hand....what in the hell were little children doing in a compound full of heavily armed terrorists to begin with?

As White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said yesterday: It's hard to call any mission a "success" when there is loss of life of one of our people.

On the other hand...the military claims it got a ton of important intelligence that could save lives.

And on the third hand...I simply don't have a lot of trust in the Federal Govt. due to it's history of deception and shady shit.

But at least I try to make statements based on what I see "reported" by the shitty press we have here in the U.S.