View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I initially supported this raid and it looked like a "moderate" success. We killed three of the top terrorists, and initially we were told "dozens of other terrorists" and gathered information.

I was a combat instructor in the Marines; I taught small arms tactics - meaning "there are six bad guys in that building, how do you get them out without losing any men". I understand their first objective was to capture them, and when that proved impossible they quickly fell back to plan B. Grabbing men who don't want to grabbed during a fire fight is nearly impossible.

But now the truth is coming out. This seems to have been poorly planed. Nearly all of the people killed weren't terrorists, but women and children. It also seems these people weren't killed by US Special Forces on the ground, but instead air strikes.

This entire raid by Trump seems to be politically motivated. We are not involved in Yemen, nor has al Qaeda in Yemen attacked us. In his first two weeks in office Trump has needlessly staged in an attack in a country we are not involved in, killed US military personal, and potentially dragged us into a brand new war ONLY so he can look like he is "taking action".

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote