View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 12:58 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
We all know she won in a landslide in New York and California. Millions and millions of votes advantage in those two areas.

But that's what I'm saying...the polls didn't accurately reflect the rest of the states.
And the election proved it.

Winning Pennsylvania was huge. But he lost the city of Philadelphia in a landslide. Won the rest of the state.

So you can't base a national election on regional voting. It has to reflect all the states (as we know).

So yeah...the polling WAS correct because that's the people the polling company's probably poll. New York and California is where the media is based in and both LA and NYC consider themselves to be THE center of the universe (and in a lot of ways they are).

And I agree...I think we need to take them with a grain of salt. They show us an idea of where things might be. But only 500 to 1,500 people polled and we have no idea WHERE the people who were polled live or their political persuasion making it difficult to judge a poll's validity.

The entire media...ALL of them including Fox News thought that Hillary was winning in a landslide because of polls.

I heard Van Jones on CNN the other day saying that they (the media) need to stop depending on polls and start getting people out of the bubble and into the heartland to talk to the real working people across the country.
Well like I said, the election is over.

What could Trump do that would disapoint you?

What do you not want to see Trump do?

What could he do that would cause you great concern? Starting conflict in the South China sea? Lifting sanctions on Putin?

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote