View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 08:47 PM  
Tinara

Industry Role:
Anyone using PIWIK on multiple sites

There are two ways to look at this. I need to know if anyone is using PIWIK on a shit ton of sites. PIWIK users will know the scenario is only 2 choices. Keep all sites separate or link them all into one dashboard. Any users out there know of possible SEO/SERP repercussions/ramifications? <--

Reason being that once you establish the JS code when you group the sites, you become more trackable as a network, whereas if you do this on a site-per-site scenario your shit remains unique to each site independently.

We are talking about over 200 sites here, and the only reason I/we like the dashboard is for using/utilizing the "All Websites" function for ease of stat reporting across multiple domains.

Anyone see any (my) logic in this? I'm concerned about letting the 'cat-out-of-bag' when AlGoreRhythms come knocking and see the code 'marrying' each site together, where I'm thinking it might be better to keep them solo, on their own.

The only downside is you would loose the cool factor of being able to check all stats in one place.. (not a big deal, but still)

<333
Tinara