View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 04:35 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Hmmm very interesting thought here. Something that I agree with. I can afford $29 for netflix but I would cancel it in a heartbeat at that price. I'd probably cancel it at $19.99. Times have changed. Our perception of what we should get for our money has changed as well. Maybe it's time to re-price things but without becoming a discount depot.
This is the same BS we heard about the value of content from tube people in the beginning, now you're trying to drive down site membership fees industrywide for people making great money, or newbies who don't know any better. There is a reason the movie theatre is so expensive, enjoyable & relevant with revenue increasing last year by 7.4%.

Guys like me still in the game know what we're doing and people pay because we know how to create the perfect chemistry of a number of factors that you guys have yet to unlock and we have decades old followings and the golden word of mouth.

The slash and burn mindset towards content, surfers & members is why tubes & so many sites fail.

After all these years you guys still don't get it and don't listen to, or work with, people who do evidently or things would be different for you.

17 years of never banging cards, never redirecting, never advertising or putting banners up, never selling their emails, etc. Nobody's perfect, especially me, but I honor my content and my members. I'm not angry at anyone as I post this only feeling passionate, and always open to working with people and new ideas, as you know Snap.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote