View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 05:36 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
First, they were collecting this money and speeches while she was the sitting Secretary of State. Huge conflict of interest at the very least.

Second, you should research the actual % of funds that get distributed from the Clinton Foundation and Global Initiative. Its despicable.
I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, have not been following her, and know nothing about the Hillary Foundation other than what I just read on Wikipedia.

I want to say it's odd that the Secretary of State of state is being paid for giving speeches. On the other hand, are we saying the Secretary of State cannot take part in charities? Is Hillary being paid directly for giving speeches? Or is that money being donated to a charity? If that money is going directly into the pocket of Hillary that is an issue.

Think about this rationally for a moment. If the Secretary of State gives a speech for a college and the college donates money to a charity in her name, then the Secretary of State donated her time and a charity collected money - no harm there.

I do not know anything about the % of money collected and how it's spent. However... I am wondering if that is really a concern? A friend of mine works for the American Red Cross; He is a structural engineer. His job is go to disaster zones and check buildings for damage. He works for a non profit, makes hundreds of thousands of dollars, has a high end custom Jeep for his work truck (needed for disaster zones), and gets paid a lot of money when he travels - for weeks a time (no hotels where he goes). I can also imagine how much money the Red Cross spends on attorneys. My point is... A non profit can burn through a lot of money. In this case because the non profit is run by a political candidate they have to dot every i and cross every t, and that doesn't come cheap.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote