View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 11:45 AM  
Forkbeard
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I don't know how they are about response times to online queries from prospective customers, since I haven't been in that situation with them since 2004. But I have to say that once you're a customer, it's extremely rare for a new ticket in the customer support system not to get an answer within an hour, 24/7/365. Most tickets get responses in minutes (especially if they are easy) and the only tickets that don't get completely resolved same-day are complicated ones requiring substantial back-and-forth. That's why they stay in business. I'd feel *bereft* if I had to start looking for a managed server solution from a different company. Sure, I'd expect a new-customer inquiry submitted Wednesday to have gotten a response by Friday, but it doesn't strike me as business-killing that it did not. Web hosting is not a commodity you buy from a vending machine, it's a committed business relationship that can take a little time to get set up, and it's worth spending a bit of time to get right.