View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 PM  
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConstrued13 View Post
I don't care to have the government in my business. I've been with my significant other for well over 9 1/2 years. We have 3 children together, live together, etc. We have our ups and downs like everyone else. But we do it together. There's no reason that the government needs to tell us how much money to make because we are married or if we split up who gets which kids. It's our decision alone. I remember when I gave birth to my second child, they refused to let him put his name on her birth certificate. The reason: my own driver's license had expired days before. If anything about that makes sense, then I would probably have some faith in government regulations and standards, but no.. it doesn't.
yeah some people just won't get married despite being together long time. i've been with my girl for over 14 years and we have a family but never got married. we have a number of friends in the same situation. though once you live with someone for x amount of years "common law" comes into effect for certain things.