View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 01:49 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
While I agree with you that the entire Monica / impeachment thing was nothing more than a horrible distraction, I don't think it's fair to say the President was distracted by anyone one item. At any given time every President is constantly distracted by one issue after the other.

I think it's unfair to say Clinton or Bush caused or allowed 9/11 to happen is unfair. Clinton had a chance to take out Bin Laden (if I remember correctly) but his decision was based on the knowledge we had then, not now.
I was not blaming Clinton. Just making a comparison.

How safe are you now from a terrorist... now that so many lives have been lost in wars that will never end, only grow?
How safe are you now from speaking your mind in your new glass house?

Political opinion is created by those that know how and have the power to do so.

Remember that Glass-Steagle was repealed while most of you were paying attention to Monica Lewinsky. And that the Patriot Act was "UN-AMERICAN to speak against at the time it was enacted.

It seems public opinion has changed on both but the laws have not.
Make anyone feel better to blame one man and not the system that makes that possible?
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote