View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 02:05 PM  
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Our friend CyberSEO is fond of link-bombing everyone to support his arguments, which are invariably always anti-US or at very least anti-west. Here's a few that might be of use to here, to those fond of asking "why?" regarding the nuking of Japan to end the war, and why specifically those cities were chosen....

The Selection of the Target | The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki | Historical Documents | atomicarchive.com

Description of the Cities Before the Bombings | The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki | Historical Documents | atomicarchive.com

Particularly: Hiroshima was a city of considerable military importance. It contained the 2nd Army Headquarters, which commanded the defense of all of southern Japan. The city was a communications center, a storage point, and an assembly area for troops.

And: Nagasaki had been one of the largest sea ports in southern Japan and was of great war-time importance because of its many and varied industries, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials. The narrow long strip attacked was of particular importance because of its industries.

And with regard to their civilian populations there is a quote taken directly from a Japanese report; "Probably more than a thousand times since the beginning of the war did the Hiroshima citizens see off with cries of 'Banzai' the troops leaving from the harbor."

To quote another old saying, "Mess with the bull, get the horns." Japan may be among those who top the list in all of history as learning the meaning of that saying in it's most extreme sense.

DynaMo is right. The other important lesson to be had here really is that starting something as big as Japan did can have immeasurably higher and long lasting consequences. Any world leaders in future looking to "start shit" need only look to Hiroshima & Nagasaki for all the reference they need. And here's hoping the conclusion they draw from it continues to be "Best not."

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote