View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:19 AM  
tonyparra
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
Knowing those real estate agents/companies make a total of 6% off every sale makes me cringe. WAY overpaid. I sell tons of advertising to them every month and know hundreds of them. Believe me they are overpaid.

Also many markets in the USA are peaking again. Not the best timing i you are looking to buy.
6% is really 3% a piece for each broker, because most deals have two competing brokers in the transaction. Then that 3% is again split into a commission for the agents. Assuming the standard 50-50 split on the sale of a home in the 100k price range the agent will get 1500 and the broker will get 1500. Out of that 1500 the agent will have to budget his funds, what if that his only deal that month? Or for 3 months? What about the gas time and energy he spends making his clients happy? What about taxes? The broker has to pas his bills be liable for the agent and the deal and pay people like you who thinks he makes too much for advertising and other services . Im not bitching sure there are some who get over and are lazy and overpaid for their efforts but the market sets the pay. And all commission is negotiable. So no one makes a set commission off every deal. In my part of the country alot of the homes sell for under 100k, decent homes. The owners want to be treated the same as the guy selling a 400k home however.

High Performance Vps $10 Linode
Manage your Digital Ocean, Linode, or Favorite Cloud Server. Simple, fast, and secure Server Pilot
tonyparra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote