View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 PM  
ESAW
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenernate View Post
Made an account just to reply to this, because it sounds like an incredible opportunity. I do not have a fast connection, but I would love to have a job that was essentially paying me to live in an area with Google Fiber. I certainly don't expect to get hired speculatively, I'm just hoping to get a couple answers and maybe try to make some future plans.

What kind of duration do you typically hire uploaders for? With five+ people uploading 1000 scenes per week you would exhaust all the content on Videobox in under a month - is this an ongoing job for competent uploaders, something your employees actually live off of, or more like a supplemental short-term gig?

Also, is there any particular reason this is being done "manually"? Even if you don't have APIs on both the downloading and uploading ends to plug together, surely this job can be automated to some degree? Unless there's something I'm missing here, I feel like a few weeks of scripting together a solution could make the other four uploaders redundant.

Thanks!
Hi there,

We are open to an automated solution but in the nearly 4 years that we have been doing this all the proposed automated solutions we have been approached with have not been satisfactory.

Also, there are parts of the job that have to be done manually so it can never be 100% automated.

Please leave your skype username in this thread if you'd like to discuss this further.
ESAW is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote