View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:59 PM  
Arnox
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_d View Post
From another thread, I realized that it can be said that tube websites rank on the top of Google results for most adult keywords (at least the high volume ones). What is the reason for that? What is the difference between xxx tube sites, and other xxx websites, as far as search engines go?

Does it mean, that the best way to get search engine traffic would be to work on the tubes? Set up, lets say up to 100 mech bunny sites, fill them up with a lot of videos, could be hosted, add one sentence of description under every video, get and buy some good links. Would this be, more or less, how this works? Is there any chance to compete with the biggest names (I think that a lot of them is owned by the same company, MindGeek)?

I've never specialized in tubes, but I am planning to at some point. I am also planning to work on seo (majestic.com, semrush.com, Link Building Book - Bonus Content, Link Building Tactics - The Complete List, things like that).

Thanks.
Tube sites are massive because of the user experience.

Understand initially what Google wants to do: it wants to have users come to its search engine, search for something and get a result that is relevant to their query.

Now if you're Google, there are several metrics you can use to work out what a good site is for a keyword. Does it have good content? Do other sites think it's a good site? Does it have such social media presence? Do people who get this result for this keyword think this result is a good one?

The last part is very important: tube sites keep people on their sites, which means Google figures it's a FANTASTIC search result.

Picture two sites from Google's point of view for the search keyword "big black cock"

1. 10 backlinks. 20 words. Average time on site: 15 minutes
2. 235 backlinks. 300 words. Average time on site: 1 minute

Which one is Google more likely to put above the other? The simple answer is #1, because although it doesn't have the better SEO elements with regard to content and authority, it gives the searcher what they want.

That's why tubes are so powerful. They're great sites from the point of view of the searcher. They don't want to visit some crappy blog with 1 post and 100 adverts. They want full-length videos that stream instantly and can be searched through without issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezotar View Post
Hi Arnox,

i wanted to ask this question as a new thread but since you know about this kind of stuff, i might try to ask you here.

So my friend has a trading site, no proper content type...so yeah i know Google doesnt like it. I get it. BUT the thing is, it actually has a decent search traffic for a long time (around 17K) well...every other day. And that's why i'm asking. I'd expect Google either ban/penalise the site until some changes would be made, but instead it one day indexes it and other day not (search drasticly decreases). I understand that this type of traffic can differ day to day but not so regularly and drastically, am i wrong? Have you any idea why would Google act so crazy? Thx.
No idea, sorry. If you gave me more statistics I might be able to help, but the only suggestion I could make is that the keyword spread is low and Google is working out whether or not it wants to shift its position. Most sites I work with have very consistent traffic that is up/down over a long period but with very little irrational movement over a short-term trend. Sort of like a bluechip stock. Also, what's the average user time on site from organic traffic? Does he use any plugrush or other potentially problematic advert embeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirey23 View Post
Would you give your opinion on this site..?
SANTALATINA.............

Please!
Thanks!
Needs more English. Hard to read, which might not help the user confidence aspect. Try to split the site into two versions: one with English localisation, the other with Spanish. Don't mix the two. We'd also want to see appending site titles to your tube trailers. Right now it just shows the video title - doesn't look so great.

Site is clean and tidy though, so it's well on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
A simple question. My geeks tell me SEO is dead. In one sentence ( or two) what can I tell them about that is not true without being called a " simpleton"....
Don't say anything unless they're hurting your business. I don't know what you mean by 'geeks', but if they're not involved in your venture or online market, why would you convince them otherwise?

And here are a few reasons why SEO aren't dead:
1. Google is the most visited site on the planet.
2. Google makes 1k a second with AdWords (which is a small cut compared to organic listing worth).
3. Consistent growth of any website via search engines is easy to track and see progression.
4. Organic traffic is better than targeted ads, because not only does the user want it, they want it now.

But meh, I make far too much money from SEO services and my own sites to be convincing others it's a good step forward. Let the stupid stay stupid.

And adding to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
Most people don't understand this or the dynamics of semantic search. I am still gathering the pieces along with the other SEO refugees.

That is why SEO is believed dead because its practitioners are mostly banging on the old touchpoints and that at best gives a very short lift for the expense.
Yeah, SEO has evolved. I guess 'SEO' of stuffing unrelated words in the meta keywords area and buying 100s of bad backlinks is dead, but improving user experience, sourcing quality opportunities for promotion and other SEO-related activities are still alive and kicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimorX View Post
What are the basic steps in SEO which should I do in order to get initial traffic on new adult site?
I have my opinion about it, but since you're expert , I want to know your opinion too
Provide your target audience with something that other sites are not offering. The basics of that are:

1. Good content
2. A fast site
3. Reliable service
4. No bullshit (trashy adverts, false information, etc.)
5. etc.

Whatever you can do to actually make your site worth visiting is ideal for SEO. In fact, it should really be less search engine optimization and more user optimization.

Google cares about delivering good results, so produce something that it considers a good result.