View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 01:49 PM  
atom
Confirmed User

Ive run Makita for the last 15 years. Im on my second drill, only because I wanted to move to lithium, my originally is still kicking it. Ive dropped it on concrete, off roofs etc and it just won't quit.

I am not a contractor by any means but I do a lot of shit around the house, build things, help friends construct things. The new Makita LXT series is pretty nice. Batteries charge in 15 minutes via a digital charger. I have 8 batteries right now, 4 Makita, 4 Chinese knockoffs. Honestly I cant tell the difference between the 2. The Chinese will run about 1/2 the price. You can get 2 packs on ebay for around 60 bucks.

LXT X2 About - Makita X2

On a side note - I picked up the LXT chainsaw this last fall. While it will never replace my Stihl - its nice to slap 2 batteries on it and go. Its also super light and great for climbing and trimming up my trees.

That all being said, I have not used a corded drill in 15 years and have yet to run into a problem. Ive drilled concrete, steel and just about every hard wood with a cordless.